Thursday, August 1, 2013

Most recent swap first

Will catch up on my swaps and things backwards till I am all up to date on everything.  Things might get a little confusing.

This one is Cheryll's Christmas in July swap.  My send to partner was Christine from Macdonald's Patch.
I had a peruse of Christine's blog to get an idea of what she liked and pretty much settled on what I sent straight away.  Most unlike me.  I usually flip flop from one thing to another until the end.
What I made for Christine was a set of 6 Heart shaped Christmas ornaments

One Gorgeous Reindeer (that I really liked and wanted to keep, will be making more of these)

and this wall hanging.  Love the way it turned out and I think Christine was happy with it.
 I actually remembered the label for the back.

Included some pretty glass candle holders with candles and the secret stash of chocs and wrapped it all up in candy cane fabric.   Christine has some wonderful pics on her blog too.

Now onto what I received from Pat at Club Quilt Narromine.  If you have never visited this blog you really should.  There is so much happening and it is so inspirational.
I didnt get to open mine on the 25th.  Too much going on at the time but boy was it so worth the extra 2 days wait.
I was totally spoiled rotten and I still have a grin.
The bag all the gifts were wrapped in.  It is brilliantly useful and I love the size and print.  It is now being used to hold all my Christmas soft stuff (runners, wall hangings etc)
 Inside the bag.  How exciting does that look.

Everything was wrapped in lovely paper and tied with baubles and it was so much fun to open each gift.

Next is this amazing woven heart wall hanging.  I am in awe of how perfect the weave is and the colours are perfect.  It came with a handmade star hanger that I had it hanging on to view and completely forgot to take a pic of it hanging.

Second gift to open is this simply wonderful bag.  The stitchery is just perfect and right now it is just sitting on my sideboard so that I can admire it and think how lucky am I.




This gorgeous stitchery from Crabapple Hill Studio is now on my gunnado list.

My last gift to open was this gorgeous runner.  Hubby even gave it a wow and that was before he got a closer look at it.

This super cute snowman braid was in with the runner.

There also chocs, added to each and pretty red rose soaps in a heart shaped box and so many extra baubles and mini bonbons and candy canes.  I spent ages just going over everything and loving every single thing I received.   I cant wait for Christmas to arrive this year so that I can use all my gorgeous gifts.

Thank you so much Pat.  You are an awesome swap partner.
Thank you Cheryll for being such a brilliant swap mum.

8 comments:

  1. wow what awesome gifts sent and received Karen ,this swap was so much fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers amazing on both ends
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Pats awesome gifts before on her blog...and I just absolutely LOVE the gifts you sent to Christine. Wow... what a wallhanging !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those gifts , to and from are totally fabulous!! Really really beautiful , fun, and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful gifts sent and received. Perfect planning for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what lovely gifts you sent and received. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling over the Christmas tree and the reindeer! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving a message, it does mean a lot that you bothered to do so.