Sunday, March 10, 2013

Round and round

we go.
Remember these I showed you a few weeks ago.  My first attempt at letting go and just doing.  No agonizing over colour placement or pattern.

Well they have had a transformation.

Starting with this

then this

some of this

Until we get this.  It is random with a pattern.  How is that for confusing.  Can you spot the pattern?
And finally a finished quilt top.
Folded and waiting for cooler weather for its backing.

This has been claimed already.  Well it got claimed when the first four blocks went on the design wall.  I was so shocked I didnt even object, although I have questioned since but PSM has laid claim to this quilt.  I would never ever have picked this for him at any time  but he says its calming and soothing to look at.  I do seriously wonder about my husbeast sometimes.  Really?  Calming?  Soothing?  I decided for my own sake not to question his choice any further so now all I have to do is wait for the weather to cool down somewhat as he wants a fleece backing on it instead of batting and a cotton back.  How on earth do you quilt fleece so that it doesnt stretch.  I might just get totally lazy and tie it together.  Needs some thought.
On to the next catch up.  Are you sick of them yet?

Have fun doing what ever you are doing.  I am.  (looking for quilt patterns for the lounge room)

5 comments:

  1. looks fab so wish i had the paitence maybe one for baby ?! haha
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be my favourite scrappy trip quilt of all the ones on the internet!!!!! Is that the Flower Sugar range? such pretty colours. I love the way you've lined up the reds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a freebie pattern of this technique on Bonnie Hunters website....great idea.
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful. Um, I wouldn't say calming, I would say energising. But whatever floats his boat. Nice he's encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving a message, it does mean a lot that you bothered to do so.